Prof. Dr. Katja Nettesheim
Founder of _MEDIATE
Prof. Dr. Katja Nettesheim is the founder of _MEDIATE. Prior to launching her own company, Katja, a trained lawyer, has gained professional experience for many years at the Axel Springer SE. There she was active in the field of M&A, as well as working on the Managing Board of Hamburg’s regional newspapers. Previously, Katja had worked as a business consultant at The Boston Consulting Group for several years, mainly in the media and private equity practices. In the early stages of her career, she was an attorney for international tax and corporate law at Freshfields and Shearman & Sterling, among others.
An expert in the fields of digital transformation, strategic business development and investments / M&A, she also is a professor digital media management at Steinbeis-Hochschule, School of Management and Innovation. These activities keep Katja engaged in and up-to-date on the newest developments on the digitalised markets and the market players’ divers strategies – an excellent addition to _MEDIATE’s client work.
Furthermore, she holds several supervisory and advisory seats:
- Since June 2017 at DEAG Deutsche Entertainment AG, a leading provider for (live) entertainment in Europe.
- Since October 2015 at Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH (= “Association of German Publishers and Booksellers”, which directs the Frankfurt Book fair).
- From 2014 to 2017 at Wild Bunch (formerly Senator Entertainment) AG.
- From 2012 to 2017 at HRpepper, an innovative but nonetheless experienced business consultancy focused on organization.
- Dating back to early 2011, she has been a member of the advisory board of GMPVC German Media Pool, Germany’s first media for equity fund.
Katja’s consulting work combines years of operative experience in different industries – especially in the media sector, but also legal, energy and industrial goods – with legal expertise and profound strategic understanding. She takes on projects with a lot of energy, a knack for problem solving and an uncompromising sense of quality. Katja represents not only clear communication, reliability and a sense of humor, but also a clear focus on solutions and their implementation.